The Ballot Initiative for and by Residents
Help Save Laguna Now. Here's How:
Join Laguna Residents to defend the livability and unique character of Laguna Beach by supporting these measures:
- Retain existing commercial parking requirements instead of reducing them
- Maintain current height limits for major development in town
- Keep congestion and parking from overflowing into neighborhoods
- Prevent the combining of small storefronts into large malls and hotels
- Encourage progress and improvement without relaxing standards
- Renew and Reuse! There is already an abundance of retail and hospitality space in Laguna. The Ballot Initiative encourages the renew and reuse of our commercial buildings rather than tearing down and redeveloping the downtown into something different.
Those commercial redevelopment proposals will bring even more visitors, increase traffic congestion, and drive parking overflow into adjacent neighborhoods.
Who would benefit from redeveloping Laguna Beach?
Commercial property redevelopers make money on the flip – leaving residents with a less functional, more congested town. Instead of nurturing our unique local businesses, the proposed changes will set the scene for more mall-like stores, bars, and restaurants.
Let's work together to make sure that Laguna Residents get a meaningful say in the development of our town.